Monday, September 18, 2017

Serenity Path

I must have hit a nerve. Or, rather, a BUNCH of nerves. Because my readership skyrocketed after I posted "Highly Sensitive Beings". While it's a bit surprising, it isn't. I'm guessing, though, that it has as much to do with the many HSBs on this Planet as it does the need for some semblance of ease. I suppose people are trying not to freak out, what with all the tragic loss of life and the "natural disasters" of late, not to mention the ever-increasing division that has come to the front and center of a nation under duress. But I don't believe this is just a "national" thang. The whole world seems to be in flux, and, for anyone who has such keen sensitivities, it makes for one whopper of a pill to swallow.

I'm not going to repeat what's already been said. You may, if you wish, click on the link (above) and read that before going further. OR, you may just read on here and forgo the previous meandering. Either way, today is about TODAY. In my world, that means another opportunity to find the Joy that abounds. So...

Right now, as I sit before this laptop and listen to the sounds around me, I am hearing the soft rush of water from the pool's waterfall. There is a bird that is singing a song of three notes, the exact same three notes, over and over again. I think it's the Mockingbird that makes its home in the tree right in front of my office window. The "tune" is the whistle call my neighbors make when calling their little dogs to come inside. Over and over and over again, those same three notes.

The wind chimes are intermittent, the sound of church bells in Florence. They bring me right back to that first morning I woke there, just a block from Il Duomo di Firenze, all those years ago. I swore I'd bring that sound home with me. I didn't stop looking until I found the chimes that now hang right outside my back door, large and long and a near-perfect replica of those church bells.



Sophie is snoozing under the bed, safe in her Puppy Cave. All I can see are her fluffy little feet, poking out from 'neath the bed skirt. Her snoring is soft, but adorably audible.



Right now, at this very moment, all is right with the world. Serenity Path is a place. A real place. The place I have made my home. In a world gone mad, and loud, and tragic, here is where I do my part to bring just a little calm.

And Joy.

And Love.

Me thinks the world could use more of all those things.

You're welcome.

{giggles...and a mischievous grin}


No comments: