Wednesday, August 31, 2016

upside down

I love me some Magpies. Crows in tuxedos. Funny critters that LOVE to play. There's a gal on Facebook, who lives in Australia, who has a whole family of Magpies that live in her back yard. She's got an entire, fabulous playground for them and is very good about posting pics and videos of their antics. One such picture was of one of them hanging upside down from a slipper she has dangling off a clothesline. It's the perfect portrayal of their characters. Just LOVE those critters!

So...today, on a lark, I thought I'd give it a go. I decided on a stick instead of a slipper. Here is the initial sketch. I'm sharing just fer giggles. I will also post the actual piece once it's finished (on proper paper). For now, enJOY. And remember:

Joy is a CHOICE! (these critters get that BIG TIME!)


No comments: