Friday, January 1, 2016

Can You SEE It?

A new year is upon us. And, for those of you who've been here for any length of time, you already know how I feel about "resolutions". I've given you every kind of angle from which to see, and then decide if you're going to set yourself up, or find a different way to march onward into your sparkly new year.

{For your convenience, here are a few of my past meanderings on the topic:

"A Bucket List...Instead"

"And So It Begins"

"First Tuesday"

...and if you want more, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the "Blog Archives" button, and search for yourself. But this really ought to paint the picture...}

Anywayz....

I thought that this year, instead of repeating myself yet again, I would, instead, offer up this beautifully said sentiment by the glorious Paramahansa Yogananda. He is one of my very favorite "gurus" and I have, for many years, kept his desk calendar beside me to begin each day with his splendid perspectives (not to mention some stunning photography!) Oh...and now, another bonus: my dear and talented friend, Ken Archer, has, for the past TWO years, had his photos included in these beautiful calendars. He has, in all his generous Spirit, sent me one for Christmas these past two years. How cool is that?! But...I digress (some things never change!)

On the very first page of this very new year, this is the thought that Paramahansa shares:

"Behold,, through the gates of the New Year, the distant variegated decorations of future achievements glimmering at you and daringly luring you to give pursuit."



I'm quite certain I couldn't have said it better myself.

So then...can you SEE what you want? Can you close your eyes and be there? Is it so important to you that you dwell on it, every single day, to the point of obsession? How do you feel when you see it? Do.You.BELIEVE?

I have seen, with my own Life, that these are the questions that bring the most fruitful results. When I set myself up in this way, I am, more often than not, rewarded with the realization of these dreams. In other words: it works. For ME. Of course, you're not me and I'm not you and nobody can tell you what's going to work. All I know is: once I began to look at my "new year" through these eyes, I also began to see my dreams fulfilled. It is a grand and glorious way to begin.

Your choice.

Wishing you joyful, fulfilling, glorious pursuits for this shiny new year!

No comments: