Monday, December 22, 2014

Santa's Gift

Christmas day is nearly here. The house is decorated with festive lights and my special ornaments have been hung on Yosemite. For those of you who don't know...Yosemite is my Tree. He is actually 3 trees on one base. He looks just like those trees you'd find at Yosemite National Park. Hence the name. Yosemite stands all the year 'round. I am far too fond of Him to stow him away for 11 months of the year. Seems a waste of such beauty. If you didn't know it was an 'artificial' tree, you'd never know to look at Him. He is a beauty. Really! See?


Well, you can't really see how beautiful he is from this shot, what with all those presents blocking the view. This is a very tiny space. So He stands in the corner because that's the only place He fits. Such is way of the Dwellers of Tiny Spaces. I'm not complaining, mind you. The space may be tiny, but it's perfect for us, for now, for where we are in our evolution. Plus, it's super easy to keep clean.

But I digress.

As I was saying...the house is decorated and there are gifts waiting to be opened. There are people on this Planet who love me. And that, my friends, is a good thing. Because the thing about this time of year is ... it SCREAMS for friends and family. Whether it's tradition or conditioning is a discussion for another day (or not). All I know is, it is this very time of year when I feel the most Joy and the most yearning. You see, most everyone I love lives far away. Why I've continued to stay where I am is also a topic for another day (or not). The fact remains that I am here and they are there and sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming. 

Know where I'm goin' with this....?

I want to remind all of you, no matter where you are or how much money you do or don't have, or whether there is a "significant other" (oh, how I loathe that term), the reason for the season is to take some time to reflect on all the good there is in your world. If you happen to be a Christian, your reason for the season is likely different than mine. But we won't get into that either. I'm not here to discuss religious beliefs or familial politics. I'm here to remind you....

....that it matters not what you believe in or what your social/economic status is. What matters is that you can take said time to reflect, and be thankful for, all the many things that made your life what it is right now. All the things/people/events that brought you HERE. Here and now is what matters. And when we take time to reflect, even for just a little while, we are more able to grow that feeling of gratitude. And appreciation. And, yes, LOVE. I do believe that Jesus is a terrific ambassador for Love. And if it takes a story like the one most Christians believe in to remind us that we are here to love each other, then what's the harm in that? I only wish that more people carried that message past December 25th...and actually practiced that love all the year 'round.

Like my Yosemite. He never stops delivering the Joy that makes him who he is. And I never forget. Every morning, whether it's December or July, I wake up to that Tree standing next to my bed, and the puppy that bounces on me when she hears me stir, and a host of other magnificent Beings that show up, every day, to make my world as wonderful as it is. 

And so, my friends, no matter where you are on this Planet, no matter your beliefs. No matter what's going on in your world, please try to remember that you are loved. Every day. Not just on Christmas day. As near as I can tell, that is the gift that Santa brings. It is the gift of Hope. For all mankind. Hope is the greatest gift you can give anyone. 

Except, maybe, for one of those dandy Sting Ray bicycles with the banana seat and those dangly thingies hanging off the handles. 


Merry Christmas to YOU!







No comments: