Thursday, October 17, 2013

I was gonna....

Yesterday, I was gonna write about some of the Ick that busted down the door.

But I decided NOT.

Then I was gonna write about how I carried that flippin' Ick around with me for a few hours.

But I changed my mind.

Then I remember that the name of this blog is

JOYZACHOICE

And I realized that the only way to toss that Ick back out the door was to write about all the other goodies that showed up in its wake. So I waited. And I waited some more. I had my dinner. I watched some funny TV. I went to sleep. And then....

I woke up to all kinds of goodies.



Like a card from a dear old friend who loves me right back.
And a note on my front step from a neighbor, along with a darling little plaque that says:

Have only one rule:
Be your wild, courageous, brilliant self.
No matter what.

And a peacock feather that lay on the path when Sophie and I went out for our walk.


Then there was the beautiful message I got when we got home, telling me that I was "missed, loved, treasured".
And an email from that place I've been submitting my work to (and was finally read!)

Howz that for goodies?!

But wait.

There's more!

If you order right now....



Wait. That's not it....

Really, though, there is more. There were countless other teenytinythings that floated all around from the moment I woke up right up to ...now. Things that made me realize that all I had to do was toss the Ick out the door with a loud GOOD RIDDANCE! And that no matter how ugly shit gets, there's always a way to wash it off. And that there are far more good things than not. Even when somethin' Icky comes kickin' in the door. It's not nearly as hard to ditch as you think. And if you're dead set on living the Joy you came here to live, you'll do just what that pretty little plaque says:

Have only one rule:
Be your wild, courageous, brilliant self.
No matter what.



So there.





No comments: