Monday, June 17, 2013

As I was saying....

As I was saying....

A few minutes ago I came here to offer up a new post. For some reason, I decided to leave the blank page and go check my emails. I honestly don't know what possessed me. But I do so love when stuff like this happens. They are reminders of the countless ways the Great Divine lets us know It's listening. Here's what I mean ~~~

Lately I've had a bitch of a time with my overall attitude. This is not my norm. I am one of the sunniest people I know. And that's sayin' something, considering the number of folks I know, have known, and simply run across on any given day. You know how that 'law' goes: that which is like unto itself is drawn. Well, I happen to believe that all the way to my bones. It's always proven to be true for me so there isn't any reason for me to doubt. Which may be why I know so many sunny people. So...as sunny-ness goes, I'm right there. Most of the time. Except lately. Perhaps it's some residual from Bruzer leaving the planet which then led to an even larger dose of non-stop, full-blown, shoot-me-now (physical) pain. I'm tellin' you, it's been freaking brutal. And I don't care who ya are, after a while that sorta thing just wears your ass out. Little by little, it eats away at the sunny-ness and in its place deposits big loads of stinkiness. Now I ask ya, would you rather have sunny or stinky?

No brainer, right?

So I've been working on the whole attitude thing with fierce focus. Just doing my best to look for stuff that makes me smile. To look for things that put me in gratitude. To look for all the many gifts that present themselves every single day. Sometimes it works. Sometimes...not so much. So when I heard the whisper that urged me to check my emails, I listened. I went over there, found that video (see post below this one) and laughed like a lunatic the whole time. Played it again. And then again. I don't know why it tickled me so much, but who cares why??!! It did and I could feel my whole body move into a different mode. My knee stopped throbbing. My neck stopped aching. My hands relaxed out of pain. All because I laughed for ten minutes.

I'm guessing that to some of you, this is no kind of surprise. We all know how much laughter can help us heal. Do we just forget? Or do we make some kind of conscious choice to forgo the laughter because we think it's a bunch of malarkey? Why would anyone, particularly anyone who is in deep pain, opt out of the roll-on-the-floor-til-you-snort kind of laughter? It makes absolutely no sense.

I did promise, after posting that video, that I'd come back here and finish what I started. And so I am. Only what I came here to say before I watched that video has completely vanished from my brain. I've sat here for several minutes attempting to recall what in the world I was going to say. Not a trace. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

So I guess the only thing that is at all relevant at this moment is to remind you and me to take time out to laugh. Not just a little giggle kinda laugh. I'm talking the whole shebang. The big, deep down to your toes kind of laugh. The kind that makes you snort and grab your stomach and almost pee your pants. Because THAT, my friends, is the kind of laughter that really does heal.

No kidding.

No comments: