Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Neglect....?

Neglect comes in many forms. We neglect our loved ones when we're overwhelmed with work. We neglect our gardens, our cars, our homes. We neglect our critters when we'd rather go off for the weekend. We even neglect our dreams when we feel there is no hope left.

Neglect comes in many forms.

The worst just may be neglect of Self. When we put everyone and everything before "me". When we say, "I'll get to it when I have a little more time." Or, "I'll do that when I have more money." Or..."I'll make time to write that book, play my guitar, take that class, learn to dance, hike through a Rain Forest, take a stab at stand-up, build my kid a JungleGym,.....just as soon as things settle down."

Neglect comes in many, many forms.

Are you neglecting your Self? Have you put your dreams on the back burner, leaving them to char the beautiful vessel that holds them? Do you think that just because your youth has passed you no longer have time enough for dreams? Do you think...you are done?

Trust me when I say....

Neglect kills.

It kills the Truth of Self.
It kills Hope.
It kills the light that once shone so brightly in your eyes.
Neglect is a slow, insidious killer of Dreams.

Please.

Don't do it.

No comments: