Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Urbina Designs

A few weeks back I shared the incredible Alba Urbina with you. (in case you missed it: Moxie...); at the time, I was waiting for Alba to finish up some pieces so I could share more. More of Alba, more of her sensational work, more beauty. And now (TA-DAAAA!) she has done just that. But before I give you the details of that shop, I want to give you a little more about this remarkable lady. Because...well.... you deserve some inspiration today!

As I mentioned in that first piece, I don't often "advertise" on this blog. It's only when I am fully awed by someone's talent that I just can't seem to keep it to myself. For good reason: the world needs more beauty, doncha think? So, my going on about Alba and her work is my way of inspiring her to keep doing what she does...and offering you a place where you can find one-of-a-kind pieces to add to your collection OR gift to someone you love. Oh...and then there's my devotion to true artisans. Lots of folks try; not many actually succeed in their attempts. Alba is undoubtedly one of the few who have (succeeded, that is).

This is a woman who has mastered the art of metal-smithing. She seems to have some kind of kindred energy with the metals she works with. And I'm not just saying that because I've watched her grow. Ask anyone who has purchased her pieces. They'll tell you the same thing. There's just something about the way she does what she does that makes the pieces different from all the rest. It's as if there is a magickal 'pull'. Every time I have one of her pieces on, people come up to me and reach out to touch. Without asking. I can tell you, this is a bit unnerving at times. But I understand. I feel it too. She puts all of who she is into each piece. And that Who She Is...is a mighty powerful Being. Full of love and passion and connection. Kinda like that movie "Like Water for Chocolate". Every emotion the woman felt was transferred into the food. Like that...only it's Alba Energy. Doesn't get much better than that.

It would be very easy for me to write pages and pages about this gorgeous Soul. I adore her and her work. (Gee. Ya think?) But instead, I'm going to let you see for yourself. I'm going to ask you (again) to treat yourself. And I'm also going to ask that you spread the word. Alba is worthy of world renown. Yes. Her work is that good. So, without further ado....

Visit her Etsy shop at: Urbina Designs. You will also find her contact info in case you'd like to ask questions or have one of her collections in your shop (if you happen to be a retailer). Either way, please take the time to go have a look. You'll be glad you did!


No comments: