Tuesday, April 28, 2009

a surge of inspiration

Well, I dunno know about you, but it seems to me that the Universe sure does know how to get ya all fired up. Got this email today from Daily Good. They send all kinds of super-cool articles about folks who do stuff to make the world a better place. This one, however, really knocked my socks off. (you can see it here)

I had to look at the pics several times, mostly cuz my eyes weren't quite registering what they were seeing. So why does my mind think it's not true? Or possible? Cuz we have all this conditioning that tells us otherwise, that's why. Sure, I SAY I don't buy the age thing...but when I saw these pictures, and read about this woman, I realized just how much I still have some of that 'resistance' goin' on. Wake up call, to be sure.

I told ya not long ago that I'd started practicing Qi Gong. In the short time I've been doing this, I can definitely feel the difference. I'm talking BIG TIME changes. One of the benefits of Qi Gong is that it DOES keep the body 'young'. It's all the breathing and flowing movements, along with that peaceful state you're brought to when performing the movements. Makes perfect sense. Yoga, it appears, has many of the same benefits. Difference is, in yoga, you hold poses. In Qi Gong, you flow movements. Just depends on what floats your boat, I suppose. For me, the Qi Gong is more suitable. Not that I have anything against yoga, cuz I certainly don't. But after having tried both, I prefer the Qi Gong.

Anyway, I'm guessing it doesn't matter which one you choose. The one that feels best to you is the one that will benefit most. But to see this woman in these poses...well, I gotta tell ya...it put the biggest grin on my face. Now THAT is what ageless means! I'm all fired up...and gonna go do some more Qi Gong now. Cuz this lady's got 30 years on me...and I can't (yet!) do what she's doing with her body.

WOWZA!

No comments: