Tuesday, January 27, 2009

how do i spend it all??????


There's this game. It's called The Prosperity Game. Found it in one of my fave books ("Ask & It Is Given") and had always meant to play, but somehow I put it off for almost a year. Guess I wasn't ready to play til now. Whatever.

I began the game about a week ago. The basic premise is that each day you add more funds and then spend them. For example, on day 1, you deposit $1000. And spend it. On day 2, $2000...etc. If you play for a year, you'll have spent more than $66 MILLION. Whoa. Now there's a number I'd never considered before!

Anyway, so I started playing. On the first day, I blew thru that $1000 in a hot second. Day 2 was equally easy. So was day 3. But on day 4, I didn't spend it all, so the next day I had even more. Turns out, I now have $11,351 to spend...and I gotta say, it's not as easy as it sounds! Funny how that works.

The whole point of the game is to get in the "feeling place" of such abundance. (yea. yea. I know. It sounds pretty childish. I don't give a rip. It's FUN!) Because, unless you've always had more money than you need, it's kind of an unknown "place" to be. So, as you're playing, and looking for things you'll buy, and NOT thinking about lack, the feelings really do show up. It's weird. I'll sit here and research stuff on the internet, or go about my day looking for things I'd like to have...and it really can be a challenge! Go figure.

The best part of the game is while I'm "shopping" and writing out my checks, it never occurs to me that it's a game. It's really something I can immerse myself in...without those nasty little thoughts of lack or doubt or 'oh, come on now. it's just a game' ever popping into my head. I LOVE that part! Not to mention how much it stretches the ol' imagination. When I go past "just the basics" (you know...like rent and food and all the 'basic' necessities...) and really allow myself to feel what it feels like to have an ever-flowing income...well, it's just FUN! Getting there (to the feeling of such abundance) is surprisingly easy. All the hows just disappear. So do thoughts of practicality or logic. It puts you right smack in the middle of those imaginary states you once visited so easily as a child. What could be better? "Pretending" your way to a feeling is a wonderful way to get there. Think of all the times you've heard "fake it til you make it". What do you think that means?

Some people get to different feelings by way of meditation. Some do it by daydreaming. Still others do it by writing their way to it. I don't suppose there's any harm in adding this to the arsenal. So long as it creates space for the feelings I'm after, then who cares how I get there? Besides, for the first time in my LIFE, I'm considering what it feels like to actually BE in such a place. And I gotta tell ya, I'm gettin' used to it real fast!

JoyZAChoice!

1 comment:

AVenefica said...

Abraham are my homies too!
Rock on!
Namaste!
Avia