Tuesday, December 9, 2008

water your garden


I never used to be so easy to cry. Once upon a time, I was one of those "girls" who'd watch movies that made everyone else cry and wonder why I didn't. Except for the movies with critters. Those ALWAYS got me. But now, it seems I cry at the drop of a hat. Not the sad kind of crying. I cry when things make me really happy. Or when I'm moved by a kindness. Or maybe even cuz somebody helped me. Out of now where...here come the tears.

Like today. I got this email from a lady I 'met' some time ago, but have never actually met in person. Besides being one of THE most amazing artists I've ever seen, she's also one of the biggest hearts. She's done things for me that even my own family has never done. (I'm not tryin' to dis my family...but still...) She is this incredible Being who just blows my mind at every turn...and as I was reading her words, I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. 'course...that made me laugh out loud...and then the joy just welled up in my heart til it felt like it was gonna explode. How freakin' cool is that?

So anyway...I got to thinkin' about how teary I get sometimes and how different that is for me...and how much I love it. I mean, tears are kinda like water for your flowers, ya know? Seems to me that the more I cry, the more my garden blooms. I love that part. And then there's the whole thing about getting to know people you already know. Like my artist friend...

There's so much we don't know about each other, yet, it's as if I've known her for a million years. I don't know a lot about the 'details' of her life...but I know her. I know her heart. I know her bones. I know. That sounds really weird. I don't care. It just is. And I love this feeling of knowing somebody I don't know. I love the magick of it. I love the feeling of it. And, most of all, I love that both of us seem utterly comfortable with the "friendship" as it is now...and all it may become. Very cool stuff.

Think I'll go do a little Pan Dance. Raise the roof for all the Magick.
YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!

No comments: