Sunday, August 13, 2017

Hate Is NOT The Answer

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good (wo)men to do nothing."

I know it's terrifying. I feel the horrors of this energy too. The United States is a mess. A complete and utter mess. Still, I keep Hope in my heart. Hope. Because Hope is better than keeping terror. Or hatred. Or anger. I keep Hope in my heart so that it may keep me. We can not allow the ignorance of the few to corrupt the Knowing of the many.

We MUST NOT.

So, while it may be a bit on the short side, today's missive is meant to keep you, ALL of you, from drowning in the chaos of recent events. It may only be "the second hundred days", but we can, and MUST, keep ourselves focused on the GOOD. While it may seem there is more evil than good at the moment, it is only because of media, both broadcast and social. Do not ignore what you feel. Do not deny what you CAN do. But please, please, PLEASE, stay in HOPE.

Act when you can. Write and march and do whatever it is that you feel will contribute to the GOOD. Keep kindness in your daily Life. Reach out to strangers. Open a door. Let that maniac who just cut you off go on his angry way. Don't cuss him out or wish him ill. Simply hold a space for Hope...for him too.

I realize this sounds pretty PHOOOFEEE. I don't care what it sounds like. All I wish is for us to KNOW that there is more Good than Evil. For all of us to be KIND.
And Mindful.
And HOPEFUL.
Action without hatred. 

PLEASE.






No comments: