Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Einstein Was Right

It took me a very long time to understand the Theory of Relativity. No teacher was ever able to explain it to me in a way I could grasp. It wasn't until I read a book about Albert Einstein that I finally got it. Today, on the two year anniversary of my sister's passing, I do believe my understanding has taken on a whole new meaning.

Rather than launch into all the science-y stuff, (I know how short some attention spans are!), I shall, instead, leave you with this:

Time does NOT heal all wounds. In fact, "time", as we know it, truly is an illusion. Because if it weren't, then I wouldn't still feel the profound sense of unimaginable sadness when I think of my Cricket. Nor would it feel like a minute and a half ago that I last saw her. "Time" is the ultimate Jokester. We are Its dupes. I miss my sister still. Two years is a lifetime. Two years is a minute. Time is the Great Deceiver. I'm on to you, Jokester. Oh yes I am.

As I struggle to find my way back 'round to the Joy today, I will offer these. For myself as much as for those of you who come here to be reminded that Joy is a CHOICE. These photos are my reminders. I am transported back, what seems  Light Years, to a different lifetime of my own...and the many moments when the enormous Love of one Cricket LaStrada was there for me to touch. She may not be "far" from me now, but that veil is keeping me from a hug. And lemme tell you, she gave the BEST hugs EVER!

I love you, my Cricket.

{P.S. Just to be clear: "light year" does not denote "time'; it's about distance. And if you want to know more, look it up.}


{1986: my siblings and I, just after our daddy left the Planet}


{I don't recall the year. I DO recall the absolute JOY on her face when she opened this gift. 
I believe my brother gave it to her. That's his cheek there on the right.}


{THIS is my sister. Just look at those eyes!}



No comments: