Wednesday, January 4, 2017

back to the beginning...

Every now and then I like to go back to the beginning. Back to when I first began this Blog; to see what I wrote and where I was. It is a way of realizing my changes. Also, it allows me a better view of not only my world, but how my perceptions of the world have changed (or not). It is both amusing and, sometimes, disturbing. Mostly, though, I don't get far with the readings. Because, as happened today, I find something that so moves me, I cannot help but share it again.

Before I do, though, a few other things:

I had not realized that I began this Blog more than EIGHT YEARS ago. Although I've had occasional lapses, the fact that I've stuck to it for that long is both shocking and delightful. See...I've long thought that I am "not very good" at stick-to-it-iveness. I tend to get all excited about a thing, immerse myself for however long I happen to stay excited, and then move on. I'm told this is very much an Aries thang. I don't know about all that, but I do know that it's something that can be annoying (to me). I have long wished I could be more consistent. More enduring. More devoted.

Turns out, I am. In many ways. Short of telling you all that, I'll just say this:  they're only "flaws" if I see them as such. Someone recently offered up a little pearl that struck me to my core. She said, "If you look at those things you have stuck with for what you consider "a long time", you will see that those are the things that make you happiest. All those other things, the ones you see for your 'inconsistency', those were just things you had to taste before you got the full flavor of who you are."

If that isn't a pearl, I don't know what is.

So then...here is the link to the post that stopped me. In essence, it is exactly the kind of thing I love most about who I am. And, near as I can tell, cherishing one's Self is about as essential as food, sleep, water...and my dog.

Carving Away the Not  (just click on the title...)



{it's kinda hard to see, but "Camille" is carved just above my thumb}

CHEERS!

No comments: