Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Do YOU Need Proof?

Last week I posted a little thing titled, "Stop. Saying. That."; I got a LOT of feedback from that post. Folks wrote to me and shared some of their own surprises once they'd reconfigured their mindsets. And that's really what it's about: reconfiguring your mindset. So, today, I thought I might offer up some proof, if you happen to be the kind of person who needs proof. I know I am...and when that proof shows up, it makes me do the Happy Dance.

.Anyhoooo....

One of the things that inspired the blurb (about not saying "I can't") was my own limited belief about drawing. I've always wanted to be able to draw. Never learned how. Kept saying that thing...and, consequently, couldn't draw. Or so I kept thinking.

Shortly before I wrote that, I found someone who was perfect for the job {of teaching me how to draw}. I don't know if she teaches children or not, but I don't care. I approached the whole thing with my "reconfigured mindset" and decided to go with whomever felt right. It was Valerie. Many hours of watching and practicing and watching and learning and watching some more ensued. The best part? I was (am!) having so much FUN! I swear, I wake up in the morning, thinking about what I'm going to tackle today. I can't wait to get to my sketch pad. I walk around outside, looking for things that might be fun to try. I take pictures, load them onto my computer, pull them up on "whole screen", and get busy. I'm tellin' you...it's FUN!

What's also fun is feeling that tickle in my belly. The one that tells me that I'm focused on the Joy stuff and living my Life as I intended. It may sound silly to you, but to me, it's HUGE. Because the more focused on Joy I am, the less Icky I feel. That turns into more vibrancy, less pain, more energy, less fear, more purpose, less .... ICK. Joy is my preferred ride, so when I find stuff to power that ride, I jump on and let if fly.

I guess the reason I'm going into all this is that some of us DO need proof. I get that. So if you happen to be one of them, just make a little experiment out of whatever it is you're wanting. Make it a game. Or a scientific inquiry. Or a challenge to your own Self...like "JUST WATCH ME!". Whatever it takes for you to get your proof. Because I promise you, if you will make the commitment to give it a go, you will get your proof.

Promise.

{Here are a couple of my first drawings I've done in the past week. I'm thrilled to pieces that I got the essence of my Sophie. No, it's not perfect. But neither am I. If I'm learning, I'm growing. That's what matters to me. Oh...and the fun part too.}





{If you're interested, here's the link to Valerie's YouTube channel, Art ala Carte.}






No comments: