Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Temporary Detours



You know, every now and then something likes to surprise us...jump up outta nowhere and throw a hitch in our giddyup. Know what I mean? There you are, toodling along, enjoying Life and all its wonderfulness...when all of a sudden...WHAM! You're layin' on the ground wondering what hit you.

Not always fun.

But here's the thing: if you'll just pick yo'self up, dust yo'self off, and git back in the saddle, you'll find your balance again. And probably wind up in a much "more" kinda place. As in: new & better. It's all the freaking out and whining and fear and worry that tends to get us so fired up that we end up missing the little signs that are screaming DETOUR! TURN HERE!

I can tell you from experience that when you miss the signs it can make everything seem impossibly ....  crappy. It can give you that supericky feeling in your gut that makes you want to throw up. It can flat out tear you UP.

BUT (you knew that was coming, right?) if you'll just have a little look, let out a few YEEEHAWWs, and take a little step back, you'll see that your blood pressure will drop back to normal, your heart will keep on beating, and your world will not end. It's all about attitude.

Gee. What a surprise.

I offer this up today because, as is my norm, there are some things that need to be looked at without fear or dread. In my world, that is. And more often than not, by virtue of tapping out the words on this here keyboard, I find my balance and my happy place and all manner of OOOLaLa again. And I figure that if I'm feelin' it, maybe someone else is too. And if I can make their detour a bit less traumatic and maybe even a little fun (because isn't FUN the best thing to have?!), then I'll be accomplishing more than just calm breath and a lowered heart rate.

So....when that road block shows up, just toodle your little ass down the road less travelled. You might just find a treasure you'd have missed otherwise.

GiddyUp.

No comments: