Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy No-News

People are funny. Not in the comedic sense...in the 'huh???' sense. Odd funny. Take, for example, a person who is saying they want to make changes in attitude or perspective. They're saying they want to have a more optimistic view of the world and make their lives more harmonious. They're saying that they're tired of all the madness and crabby people and icky crap all around them. That's what they're s-a-y-i-n-g.

Then...in the very next breath, they start tellin' you about this or that horror/tragedy/murder/etc. they heard about on the news.

HUH???

I don't get that. I don't get how someone who says they want to make said shifts can still watch the freakin' news every single day (for some, more than once a day. Like some kind of sick addiction.) They watch the news or look up what kind of crap is going on (on the internet) and in the next breath they wonder, "Gee. How come I can't change my attitude?"

I just don't get it.

Ya know...the news is meant to scare the crap out of us. It's meant to keep us fearful and reliant on the Fat Cats who run the show. It's meant to keep us paralyzed. There is no "news". If you watch it...even for just a week, you're gonna hear the same shit with different names/locations/etc. But it's all the same shit. How is that "news"????

Not to mention the fact that it's all skewed anyway. They tell you what they want you to hear, not what's really going on. They tell you about their biased views of said 'news'. It's impossible for them to be unbiased. I don't care what they say ...it's biased. Because behind every news channel is someone running the show who is also somehow connected to some honcho in Washington or some other 'lofty seat' who is directly linked to that honcho running the show. Get my drift?

No. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't believe 'they're all out to get me'. I don't believe that everyone and everything is somehow connected to some group of Black Hats. But I do believe that if you're trying to shift your perspective to one of growth and harmony and JOY...you gotta get over that news thing. It just isn't going to serve you. And...like I said...it's not "news". It's just more bullshit being regurgitated with different labels/names/etc. to keep you all tattered and scared.

Quit for a month. Not kidding. Just for ONE MONTH...DO NOT WATCH, READ OR LISTEN to the news. Turn off the radio or switch the TV station or ignore what someone else is trying to 'share' about what they heard. Walk away for 30 days.

Then see how your perspective changes.

P.S. If you think you're going to miss out on something "important" like a hurricane blowing your way or some other pertinent information...here's your failsafe:
if there's a storm coming...there will be a SPECIAL BULLETIN on whatever radio/TV station you happen to be on. AND...don't ya think your neighbors/family/friends would call you if such a thing were going on?

Happy NO-NEWS. Here's to your evolving shifts...

2 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

Quite refreshing Darlin'!

Thanks for the nice card by the way...if you read my blog you will know why I haven't been on much...

Hope you have a Light, Peaceful Day!

I'm going to! :)

Silvia said...

Hi Camille,

I loved this post, it is written for me ! I do not own a TV, rarely listen to the news, and do not want to be "dirtied" by newspaper. Many of my friends think that is unreal living, but I feel much happier when my life is not polluted by dragging blowoffs... and if something really important happens people talk about it anyhow!
warm regards,