Wednesday, July 8, 2009

do-good deeds ~

I just got this really cool email from "Daily Good" about 3 college students who decided to take on the world, one person at a time. Their idea was to create an application for iPhones whereby are subscribers are prompted daily with a "DoGood"--a simple task from conserving water, to turning out a light, to beautifying the world. When they've accomplished their good deed for the day, they click the application's "done" button. The program tallies how many users are fulfilling that day's deed, and users can share what they have done on Facebook and Twitter. So far, it's up to 209,214 good deeds.

VERY COOL! So, since I don't have an iPhone, nor do I engage in text messaging, etc., I thought I'd give them a little 'boost' and post something here. If you'd like to read the article, here's the link. AND if you decide it's something you, too, would like to participate in, I'm going to start posting my own "Deed for the Day" on the right of this page, at the top. It'll change daily, so make sure to check in and see what's new. If enough people are interested, I'm thinking about setting up a sign-up for it, and I'll send them via email to whomever wishes to receive them.

I think stuff like this is so awesome...and it makes a HUGE difference in the world. One person at a time...one deed at a time. It really doesn't take much, ya know?

So there you have it. Yet another little 'project' to nudge folks along on a merry path. Hope your day is filled with as much joy and laughter as you deserve!

Hugs to ALL~