Tuesday, April 21, 2009

tuning in

I'm not sure why it still surprises me, but it does. The moment I "let go" of something, everything falls into place pretty as you please. And it really doesn't matter how "big" or "small" a thing it is. It works the same way. Every time. No exceptions.

So, when I got a card in the mail from my cousin, my heart skipped a beat. There, in the envelope, was a gift that knocked my socks off. I was so surprised, so overwhelmed with gratitude, so utterly touched, I just sat there, stunned. WOW! How could she have known? It's not like we speak very often. Or even see each other. She lives on the "other" coast; last time I saw her was 6 years ago. And, although we do speak on occasion, it isn't very often. So her gift was such a surprise because it was the PERFECT gift for me right now. WOW (again!)

A very similar thing happened again yesterday. Right about the time I thought I was going to suffocate, I got a phone call. WHAMMO! Just like that, the whole of my body filled with joyful air...and I was floating like a feather. All on account of someone who 'tuned in' to where I was and just so happened to be "inspired" to call me at that moment. HUH????

All I'm sayin' is...the moment I let go of crap, is the moment everything shows up. Things can change in an instant. The only thing I have to do is just let go. Just let go. Just let go. Sounds simple enough...and for the life of me I don't know why I still fight that sometimes. (although, I am getting better at it....finally!). So, today, my mantra is just that simple:

JUST LET GO.

giggle.

giggle.

giggle.

BOYHOWDY! Life sho' is grand!!!

No comments: