Tuesday, April 14, 2009

crazy cool

Got to go to a gathering over the weekend, just for all the Aries babies. My friend, Amalya, has this amazing studio, where she holds all sorts of cool gatherings. This one was just for us. She and I share the same birthday, one year apart, so it was even more special for me. There were about 15 ladies there, some of whom were Aries girls, others who came to honor us. Everyone brought singing bowls and rattles and various other 'noise makers'. We sat on cushions in a circle and made the most beautiful music together. It was fascinating to hear the sounds all merge and mingle. Cool stuff indeed.

After the music, we had some yummy snacks and mingled, some of us meeting for the first time. During all this, a woman named Jannine had a table set up in a corner, where she was giving astrological readings for all the birthday girls. When it came my turn, I sat, not knowing exactly what to expect, but fully open to whatever I might 'see'. It was CRAZY COOL! I don't know a whole lot about astrology, but I do find it quite fascinating every time I'm exposed to more. It's uncanny how accurate that stuff is!

She gave me a sac filled with beautiful ceramic tiles, on which were carved the various signs, along with 'nature' symbols. She told me to choose 4 and hold them in my right hand. She then asked me to focus on a question I might like to ask the Universe. Then she said to hold my hand over the center of a sort of 'map' and drop the tiles. From there, she asked me to point out each tile, one at a time, so she could read their message.

I gotta tell ya. It was the most awesome thing! Every single 'message' was so appropriate...and incredibly apt to my question. It gave me goose bumps each time she explained the tile, telling me of it's urgings and my 'upward spiral' on this path I've chosen. Yep. CRAZY COOL.

So, since then I've been re-reading the messages each morning. It's pretty astonishing just how clearly the Universe speaks when we listen. Even more so when one considers the harmony of it all. I think it's one of the coolest gifts I've ever received. And I'm gonna hold it close, now and into the days to come. Cuz, even if I don't 'know' about astrology, I DO know that the planets affect...in so many ways. And who am I to argue?

No comments: