Sunday, March 1, 2009

rabbit, rabbit

when i was a kid, my mom used to tell us that on the first day of the month, we were supposed to hop outta bed & say "rabbit, rabbit"...to bring 'good luck' for the month. didn't matter if it was december of march....

i still don't know where she got that from or why it was 'supposed' to bring luck, but this morning, as i was waking up, i remembered that...& a giggle came bubblin' up.

rabbit, rabbit.

heeheehee...what a silly goose. but ya know, it was such a perfect beginning to a perfect day. i made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth..& saw this funny little headband thingy my sister gave me. the giggles again. pretty soon, i was having a full-blown giggle fit. couldn't stop. chella came bounding into the bathroom, jumped up on the vanity & started swatting at the water. oh boy. more giggles. she was joining in on the fun....& i could hear her giggles too.

giggle. giggle. giggle.

next came the sunglasses. these were my raja's. she used to let me put them on her, just cuz it made me laugh so hard. she was wonderful that way. loved to hear her mama laugh. she always obliged me, no matter how silly it was. oh, my raja. sweet, beautiful girl. happy springtime, raj. i miss you!

well anyway, got nothin' real important to 'say' at the moment...unless giving you something to giggle about is 'important'. well......sure it's important! what was i thinkin'??? so, here you have it...some giggles for you to start your march...let's march into march with a giggle & a bunch of silliness, shall we?

No comments: