Friday, November 28, 2014

That FACE.

Impossible as it seems, it has been two months since my last post. I cannot imagine how all that time has passed..and not a word has been written. But then, every once in a while, silence is needed. Even when one's brain is chatting away noisily. Or rather, especially then. It seems to me that it has become more than a pattern for me. It's the time of year. Autumn always leads me to extended meanderings.

 Mostly in my head.

That being said, I don't feel it necessary to apologize or otherwise make excuses. We've been here before, haven't we? And I find that these long absences tend to bring out "more". More of who I am. More of what matters. More JOY. Yes, the silence is JOYful. At least in my head. {grin}

What I know today that I didn't know two months ago is this:

My tolerance for insensitive folks has become nearly nonexistent. My willingness to be mistreated, whether it is emotionally or verbally, is ZERO. My tendency to give folks the benefit of the doubt has led me down some not-so-pretty paths; the past couple of months have reminded me that it isn't the first time I've come to these conclusions.

I simply forgot.

The result of all this is my coming back 'round to the things that truly matter. The things that bring me the most Joy. Things like puppies and ponies and people who make me smile. Those folks who are happy to have me in their world. And vice versa.

Know what I mean?

And, as is usually the case, once I had my little light-bulb moment, I started running into all kinds of kind folks. Really nice people. Even people from far away. Artists and Creatives and Critter Folks who walk the same path. That of kindness and childish enthusiasm.

I just love those kinda folks.

And then today, I saw this face. The face of a wild colt. It was a photograph that took my breath away. Made me so happy I cried. Then...I dashed over to the photographer's website, had a look around, and sent him a little note inquiring about the colt. In short order, this darling man responded. I can't begin to tell you how happy that kinda thing makes me. Just the fact that he responded was enough to make me clap my happy little hands and do a little dance.

Why?

Because he cared. He cared enough to respond to a total stranger about something that brought her joy. And if that ain't the coolest thing, I don't know what is.

All I'm sayin' is, no matter what's going on, sometimes it's good to be quiet. And listen to the Crazy in your head. And find your way back to the Joy that is YOU. Honestly. What else is there?

{THIS is the face. And THIS is the link to Ken Archer's website. He is the fantastic photographer whose work is...STUNNING.}




No comments: