Wednesday, September 5, 2018

...REAL Courage...


Today, as I stand to face the unyielding pain that seems to wish me undone, I am again reminded that one must dig deep to find REAL courage. Because no matter what "they" may say or how "they" insist that there is "nothing we can do", in my own heart I know that none of this is my Truth. I do not believe, for one second, that I was made this way so that I would succumb to such nonsense. Being stubborn and tenacious and utterly immovable in my belief, I will not abide their hopeless predictions. I will stand and face this Thing, whatever it may be, and hear Its message. I will hold fast to my Courage and trust that there is a reason. For all of it. And so, as much for myself as for those who may need it, here is a reminder of what REAL Courage IS:

"You risked your life, but what else have you ever risked?
Have you ever risked disapproval?
Have you ever risked a belief?
There is nothing particularly courageous in risking one's life.
So you lose it...you go to your hero's heaven and everything is milk and honey til the end of time, right?
You get your reward and suffer no earthly consequences.
That's not courage.
Real courage is risking something you have to keep on living with.
Real courage s risking something that might force you to rethink your thoughts
and suffer change
and stretch consciousness.
Real courage is risking one's
Cliches."

{from the novel "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins}




No comments: