Monday, January 22, 2018

Raven's Song

Raven is the bearer of Magick. A harbinger of messages from the Cosmos, Raven holds these messages in its midnight wings, understood only by those who are worthy. Because of its ability to shape-shift, Raven is often considered a Trickster. And a healer. And the Keeper of Secrets. When a Human seeks to understand its own hidden thoughts, areas of its life it is unwilling to face, Raven will unveil those secrets. But only when Human is willing to hear.

This illustration is my homage to Raven. I have always been drawn to these Black Winged Ones, from my earliest memories up to this day. I once had a Raven friend that played with us; me and my cherished Raja Dog. I remember watching them play for hours, the Raven toying with her as she tried her best to catch him. It was, and always will be, one of my most treasured memories of our time together.

The Tree is Raven's resting place. The place where its young are kept safe until they, too, can take to the skies. The guitar, buried in the Tree, waits for the worthy Human to bring music to the world. Raven sings the Tree's song, calling to that one who is made to hear it. This is the message of this drawing. That we might sit quietly, honoring Tree and Raven and the Song that is our own.


Actual size: 11" x 14". Graphite on 80# Acid Free Strathmore paper. Unframed.

$125

If you would like to purchase this piece, please use the Contact link (over on the right side of this page, just below the Profile)

No comments: