Saturday, October 15, 2016

Put on Your Cape

Nearly two years ago, I set out on a glorious new adventure into the world of Art. Since that first day, when I began gathering the tools of my chosen art form, my box of goodies has grown, as has my skill. When I look back on those first pieces, I'm astonished at how far I've come. And pretty thrilled with my progress.

Braving new paths can often be daunting. Lots of folks never take that first step, allowing their fears of inadequacy to stunt their expansion. I'm not one of them. I have come to know that Life is nothing but a string of first steps, waiting for us to rise up to the challenge(s). Now, more than ever, I embrace those challenges. I look forward to facing my personal doubts. I giggle at the voices that try so hard to stop me. I do it...anyway. As a result, the happy surprises keep coming. With each new piece I create comes a clearer picture of what I CAN do. It's as much a thrill as it is a liberation. In short, I have found, daring to brave the dark waters of doubt is worth every goose bump those waters evoke.

And sometimes, I wear my cape.

No comments: