Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mother's Music & A Murder of Crows

Once upon a time, there was music playing
all the day through
and on into the night
It played in my head
or on my stereo
or the tiny player that could fit in my pocket
The music was always playing
Now, tho
it is a different kind of music
playing all the day through
and on into the night
It is the music of Mother's creation
now, in the middle of the day
it looks like nite
the clouds are so dense and full
it seems not to be day at all
Thunder rolls
off in the distance
a low rumbling that feels strong
as it travels through the Earth
up into my feet
Deep murmurs from Mother herself
wind chimes ring without rhythm
as if She is turning the Wind on and off
on a whim
perhaps to see if I
am listening
The Crows just landed in the middle of the yard
a murder of Crows
waiting
as if they know something I don't
They seem oddly still
eerie messengers crowing
"Take shelter, Human. Get away from the window.
It is a clip from a Hitchcock movie
only it is not
This is my reality
right now, at this moment
The Thunder grows louder
closer
and now the Trees are dancing at a fever pitch
the wind chimes clang, not sing
Loud and angry sounds
or is that me?
I love these sounds
more than the music that once played
all the day through
and on into the night
It is the music of my Mother
playing madly
for my pleasure.






No comments: