Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OY OY OY!!!

Can you believe it??? It's May already...and I'm still wondering what happened to February. SHEESH!

As is the norm in these parts, the temperatures shot up overnight. Literally. Yesterday it was 93*...and those pesky Santa Ana winds were blowin' like the blazes. Touching anything brought sparks flyin' out of the fingertips (or any other body part that happened to contact something). Poor Bruzer. Every time I went to hug him we both got shocked. His ears looked like he was plugged into a wall socket. We spent the day trying to keep cool and not burst into flames. (just kidding. but not much)

Anywhoooo....

I had to put the posts on hold for a while. Not telling you why. Besides, it doesn't really matter. I got through it and I'm back, full of vim and vigor (or should that be "piss and vinegar"?) All kinds of craziness has been coloring my world...and the best of it is that my sense of humor remains intact. That and Bruzer's endless talent for coming up with new antics to amuse and endear. He really is somethin', that little guy.

So now that we've got all that outta the way...

I wanted to remind you of a few things that may have slipped through the cracks. Of course, there is always the possibility that you don't need anyone reminding you about anything. (I had a friend who was oh-so-fond of telling me that she "knows all that stuff"; sadly, she rarely used said knowledge. Because of that, she just kept right on spinning out of control, down that horrible black abyss. Very sad indeed.) Anyway, as I've said before (and, apparently, am about to say again...), I'm not here to school ya. I'm here to spread the Joy and maybe help make your Life a bit more sparkly.



So then...

Firstly, it does not matter who you are or what you "do", we all have the same number of hours in a day. While some of those hours may pass at the speed of light, others may move slower than frozen mud. Either way, it's all a matter of perspective. You have 24 hours on any given day to do whatever it is you wish to do. So does your neighbor, co-worker, sister, brother, best friend, husband, wife, etc., etc., etc. It might be fun to remove the words "I don't have time" from your vocabulary. You DO have time. It is more a question of how you choose to use it. In other words: quit yer whinin' and git on with it.



Secondly, It is more than OKAY to say NO. If you don't want to do something, don't. You need not make excuses or justify your choice. Just make the choice, whatever it is, and stick to your guns. NObody lives in your skin. NObody has the right to judge you. If they wanna do all that, let them. But just because they do doesn't mean you have to carry it with you. The fastest road to Hell is allowing others to affect your own self-worth. CUT IT OUT!



Thirdly, we all have people in our lives who somehow manage to get our guts get all twisted up. You know who they are. It doesn't matter how you know them or why. If you're not ready to cut them out of your world entirely, you can minimize the time you give them. Believe me when I tell you, this is one of THE best ways to ensure Joy on a daily basis. Now, I do realize there are some who may say, "Well, that's a pretty selfish thing to do." They would be correct. It is perfectly, beautifully, joyfully SELFISH. And who matters more than SELF? If this is confusing, please refer to the "secondly" portion of this reminder.




Lastly (oh boy. bet you thought I was really gonna go on a run with this, didn't ya?)...Of all the things I have learned in my Life (thus far), the one thing that always floats to the top is this:

I am the Captain of my ship. I am the Master of my Creation. While it may not always be the easier road, it is always the best one. Take hold of your Dreams. Guard them well. And don't ever let ANYBODY tell you a thing is impossible. Not ever. There is no such thing as impossible. Unless, of course, you believe it.

Okay. That's it. Gee. Aren't you glad I'm back? (giggle)

Happy May to YOU!


3 comments:

terri st. cloud said...

hmmmm....just tried to comment...not sure what happened.....
just grinnin' at ya and likin' that hoodie shot! :)

terri st. cloud said...

good to have you around again!
what an adorable house!
i like hearin' how your adjustment is going as i'll be doing that one of these days and some days i'm real excited and some days really nervous!

Merry ME said...

I recognize that hoodie!

Here's to being the captain of your own ship.
Ahoy Mate!