Friday, January 14, 2011

1000 Awesome Things

Doncha just LOVE IT when the ball gets rolling? Like how when you really get your groove on and remember to give your attention to those things you DO want and ignore all the other stuff and pretty soon everything just comes flyin' in...with no effort whatsoever. You know what I mean, right?

Just the other day I was having this conversation with a friend about my book "Whispers" and about how I felt like there was more that wanted to "come out". "It's not done. I can feel it.", I said. "It just seems like there's so much more to share." She agreed. And then asked what I was going to do about it.

I brought up the whole blogging thing and got to wondering, again, how some folks get so many hits and then all the other stuff that comes from that. Like book deals and speaking engagements and ...well....income! How do they do that? How does somebody get that much attention on their blog when there are, on average, 50THOUSAND new blogs every day???? (this is true. FIFTY THOUSAND!). So many questions, so much to learn.

Well, the very next day I was led to this blog called 1000 Awesome Things. I toodled on over and instantly fell in love. I mean, it's pretty much the "JoyZAChoice" idea...but with his own flair. And then...(I am NOT kidding) the very next day I got an email from TED (are you familiar? This is a terrific site with terrific speakers on all kinds of subjects. AND the lectures are only 18 minutes long. Very cool site.) Anywhooo....I get my email from TED and wouldn't ya know it: there's the guy with the 1000 Awesome Things site!

Now, if you've been reading my meanderings for any time, you know that I do not believe in coincidence. So..for me, this kind of thing is full-on proof of the magick that abounds. Makes the hair stand up on my neck every time.

Well then. I went over to TED and watched his talk. And it just inspired me even more. This young man is really wonderful. And his authenticity is oh-so-obvious. He's just your "normal, everyday guy" who decided to find a way to not dwell in the muck and just move on with his life. I'll spare you the details, in case you want to go see for yourself. But I just had to put it out there because this is a site that will make you smile every time you visit.

AWESOME!

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Thank you for this "awesome" site! I love it. I will go back often to visit.

That whole book publishing thing is both exciting and daunting. I have not cracked the code but tell myself not to shy away from the possibility. If I have a book inside me that needs to come out, won't gravity help?