Sunday, December 19, 2010

it really works!

Those of you who've been here before know that I'm big on the whole positive vibe thing. Those of you who haven't (been here) will soon discover that you will never, ever find anything here that is remotely 'negative'. There are many reasons for this, but mostly it's got to do with my stubbornness. I simply refuse to believe that we don't have a choice: hence the moniker for this blog. {Go on....look up at the title.}

That being said, I'm here, once again, to pass on some joyful stuff for you to chew on. As previously stated: it's YOUR choice. I'm long past the days when I tell you what to do or not to do. After all, who the hell am I to tell you what to do with your life? I'm not in charge of you or your life. And I sho' ain't your mama. So then....you get to choose what to take and what to leave and what to do with it once you've made that choice.

Moving on...

The joyful stuff of the day is about gettin' your groove on. It's about making conscious choices each moment of your lovely day...as to whether or not you want to flail around in the muck or NOT. I don't give two rips about the subject matter. It could be about a partner or a roommate or a child or a boss or the balance in your checking account. It could be about your weight or your hair or your old car or your bed linens. It could be any number of things that you have included in your world. Regardless of what it is, you have the choice to either appreciate or not. Even in the worst of moments, there is always something that can be appreciated. And if you think I'm high, you are mistaken. Not high. Not crazy. And most certainly not stupid. Every single meandering is something I have lived. And learned from. And even struggled through (sometimes). My motivation has nothing to do with money (I don't even put ads here; cuz I don't like the way they look and I'm not interested in trying to sell you anything...unless, of course, you'd like to buy a copy of my book...which was published so that others might move into a happier life. But I digress....)

I don't write about stuff that other people have told me. Or tried to shove down my throat. Or attempted to manipulate. I write about the stuff that is my life, as I mold it into more. More of all the good stuff. More of the truth {of MY life, that is}. More, more, more. Because regardless of what you or I may have been told, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more. We wouldn't have those desires if they weren't doable. Nor would we ever be punished by some imaginary god that is displeased with us. Just ain't so.

We are here to live incredible, joy-filled lives. The manner in which we do this has everything to do with what we think about all day, every day. It has to do with how we view ourselves...as worthy (or not). And, for the record: WE ARE ALL WORTHY. By mere virtue of our presence, we are worthy of all things good. Why? Because we are all extensions of that 'god'. Or whatever you call it. We are the living, breathing extensions of the All That Is...and we came here to live out those dreams so that the whole of humanity might benefit from our presence. Sound hokey?

Alrighty then. Perhaps a small step back...

Think about this: why would an all-knowing, all-powerful god have any need to punish? If this god is so omniscient, it would have all the knowledge and awareness to see exactly why we do what we do. If that is so, then why would it punish? Makes no sense whatsoever. But, again, I'm not here to tell you how to live your life or what to believe in. I'm here to spread the joy...as I create more in my world. Simple enough, yes?

So then...one of my most recent realizations has to do with this groove thing. I've dabbled in a myriad of practices, only to find that at some point or other, it rubs against me. It just doesn't feel right. So, without further ado, I move on to the next. And the next. Sometimes these dabblings last for months. Other times, not more than a few days. And you can be sure, there have been moments of frustration as I made my way through all this stuff. But there was never a moment when I just gave up. Because, like I said, I'm a stubborn little cuss. {thanks, Pop!}

Having finally found my very own 'practice', I am astonished at the remarkable power of it. In a matter of weeks, everything about my life has changed. I'm talking WEEKS. I have found that I do have the power to shift from ICK to YAHOO in a matter of minutes. I have found that I don't have to flail around in that muck any longer than I want. I have found that it does not require wine or herb or any other such substances. All I need do is STOP long enough to see what I'm doing...and then...do an about-face. And the cool thing is, it does not matter where I am. I can be driving along in my little purple truck. I can be walking through the grocery store. I can be at a party or at home or at my sister's or at the mall. No matter. When something rubs me the wrong way, I can step aside, close my eyes (unless I'm driving!), and breathe for a minute or two. I can calm my nerves and my heart in just those few minutes. I can clear the crap out of my head and carry on with nary a beat missed. Because it is ALL an inside job.

Every single bit of it.

A very long time ago, I had this tee-shirt that read:
"FREEDOM IS AN INSIDE JOB"

Wore that thing to shreds. Now I realize that it isn't just freedom. It's also joy. And peace. And all manner of happiness. INSIDE JOB. I don't know who you are, and you don't know me. But one thing is certain:

Every single one of us deserves to live joyfully. To live that life requires that you make JOY your number one priority. Nothing else matters more than how you feel. And if you will commit to your SELF that you will live your life your own way, with joy as your most important objective, everything else will fall into place just as pretty as you please.

If you think this is a bunch of hooey, that's okay too. Your life. Your choice.

FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAA.

No comments: