Wednesday, June 16, 2010

it's supposed to be FUN!

So...a short while ago I had to get me-self a new computer. Much as I resisted, it was obvious I had little choice. Either pay a stupid amount to fix the old one (which was about 4 years old) OR get a new one. The tech person thought I'd lost my mind when I told him I wanted the old one fixed. He said, "It's really not worth it. You can get a brand new one with all kinds of upgrades for less than the cost of repairs. Think about it before you make a decision. I'd really hate for you to spend the money and then have the whole thing blow up in 3 months."

To be honest, I was a bit surprised. I mean, the guy was basically blowing off his potential income in his attempt to do right by me. Cool guy. Anyway, I did, in the end, get a new computer. My initial aversion was that I didn't want to have to go to a new operating system. I was comfortable with the old XP version and had negative chatter thing going on about Microsoft's bombardment. I was simply resistant to change. ME! Of all people! GEEZ.

As it turns out, this new OS is AWESOME! Windows 7 is even easier to use than XP was. AND the computer has a gazillion times more space, speed and built-in safe-guards; things my other computer didn't have. It didn't take long for me to get dialed in...and once I did, I was thrilled to have made the choice. Funny how that works, huh?

But I'm not telling you all this for nothing. This started out because in the last couple of days I've found a few new 'toys' that are so cool...and easy to use, that I've been having BIG FUN making these little videos. And, as I'm so fond of saying, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! Every guru on the planet will tell you this. We are here to enjoy our lives; not struggle or pay for 'past lives' stuff. Or to suffer or sacrifice. No sireeee. We're here to experience exquisite JOY. Whatever that means to each of us respectively. And it's so obvious that those who live well, who live healthy, happy lives, are the ones who DO WHAT THEY LOVE. And so....

I made another little video for ya. This one also includes one of my very favorite tunes by the beautiful Dan Fogelberg. I had so much fun making this, I just had to put it up here. It is, of course, on YouTube...along with the others I've made in the past week. It's a little reminder to those who may have forgotten...

MAGICK HAPPENS!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did (making it).
Hugs and Magick to YOU~~~

No comments: