Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Six Impossible Things (Before Breakfast!)


"I often think of six impossible things before breakfast."

The new Tim Burton movie, Alice in Wonderland, is in theaters now. And if you haven't seen it, you're really missing something. This is one of the best movies EVER. Johnny Depp is spectacular, as is the rest of this exquisite cast. To say I was spellbound is quite the understatement. My friend and I both sat there, with our 3-D glasses amidst a theater full of 'grown-ups'; (we went to a mid-week matinee. Not a child in sight...at least not in the linear-time sense. Of course, every one of us there were children as we watched, enthralled by the remarkable technology that is 3-D film. Simply amazing!)

Having already seen Avatar, I thought perhaps I wouldn't be so blown away by the 3-D this go 'round. I was wrong. I'm not kidding, it is truly mind-boggling to watch the various things fly off that screen at you. It's as if you could reach out and touch them. Crazy good! And even with all that, it still didn't take away from the fantastic performances by the talented Mr. Depp. NO ONE could have played the Mad Hatter better. He was perfect for the part.

Anyway, I'm offering my little 'critique' today because I think it'll do you good to go see it...to ignite that child spirit that lives in all of us; to give you a thrill for a couple of hours...and when you leave the theater you might just be inspired to think of six impossible things before breakfast...every single day.

What a WONDERFUL way to start your day!

P.S. The Cheshire Cat was the coolest of cool. And Helena Bonham Carter...well, let's just say that I can't imagine anyone else playing the evil Red Queen. She was AWESOME!
P.S.S. Even if you don't have kids, go anyway. Take your "inner kid" instead. You won't be sorry.

No comments: