Saturday, February 20, 2010

resistance is futile....


Do you remember where that came from? It was the Star Trek (Next Generation) series with Captain Jean Luc Picard (starring the very sexy Patrick Stewart); the Borg were what said that. Very creepy stuff.

Today those words came ringing back after I read this provoking message:

"Resistance is about believing that you are vulnerable or susceptible to something not wanted and holding a stance of protection, which only holds you in a place of not letting in the Well-Being that would be there otherwise. There is nothing big enough to protect you from unwanted things --- and there are no unwanted things big enough to get into your experience."

Okay. Now read it again.

It's a 'mind-full', huh? (as opposed to a 'mouthful'). Had to read it a few times just to let it sink in...particularly that last part. Kinda makes you sit up a bit straighter, huh?

The thing that's so cool about his little snippet is that for the past week (really, a lot longer than that but even more frequently in the past week) the whole resistance thing has been popping up all over the place. On so many levels, it's almost annoying. Of course, the fact that it's annoying speaks volumes unto itself, yes? Things that annoy are typically things that need to be addressed...right now. The more you ignore them, the more they'll keep popping up until you just can't ignore them any longer. That's just how it works, doncha know.

So then...resistance has been the 'word of the day' for more than a handful of days and then this little gem shows up and I think to myself, "Camille, if the Universe spoke any more loudly it would be deafening. Quit bein' so freakin' stubborn."

Shifts are pretty easy when you stop resisting. So is all manner of change. It's the resisting part that makes them tough. Or rather, it is our resistance that makes it seem so tough. Do you get that part? WE create the resistance thereby creating the difficulty in the first place. It's that whole thing about going against the flow.

Example: had a moment yesterday, a 'commitment' kind of moment. A commitment to Me to allow the manifestation of my intentions. In short, a vow to live my intended Life. The one I came here to live. Today I wake to find this message. And THEN...I find another that tells me Otter is in the house...and Otter is all about going with the flow of the Universal waters. Otter is about fun and play and trusting that everything is super-ultra-groovin'...if you'll just GO WITH THE FLOW. Otter is balanced female energy in all its beautiful glory.

Hmmmm. See what I mean about loud?

2 comments:

terri st. cloud said...

WOW! what a quote!!!!!!! WOW!
printing that one out. and had to grin at your sexy comment about patrick stewart. i thought i was the only one who felt that way about him!
thanks girl!

Eileen Williams said...

I've read the "mind-full" quote on resistance a number of times and am still struggling to get a handle on it. (Could this be a sign of my own resistance?)
At any rate, I agree that learning to "go with the flow of the Universal waters" is essential for inner peace. But sometimes... just sometimes I'd like to direct that flow and send it the way I want. Hope I'm not admitting to being an egomaniac, just someone who's got a personal goal I'd like to achieve. Now I'm off to create my own "commitment moment."
Thanks for the fabulous and thought-provoking post!