Wednesday, January 6, 2010

before you make that call...

Ya know how you dread those phone calls to companies you just KNOW are going to put you through a gazillion voice prompts and even before you pick up the phone to dial the call, you get that icky feeling in the pit of your stomach?

Ya know that feeling?

Well, here's a little secret I just discovered (and I SWEAR, it works!)...

Before
you pick up the phone, get your mind set in order. Have the conversation you WANT to have before it happens. Picture the person on the other end of the phone speaking in clear, understandable English (yea. I know that sounds awful, but it's SUCH a nuisance when you get someone who doesn't speak very good English...and while I have no objection to ANYONE earning a living and taking care of their family, regardless of where they live, I DO have issue with not being able to understand what the hell they're saying. Pisses me off every time. But I digress..)
Picture the conversation the way you want it to go. Put a smile on your face. Grab a big gulp of patience AND compassion, and THEN make your phone call.

Watch what happens.

It's cool stuff. I'm tellin' ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you make house calls, "Dr" JOY?

You know where to find me.

Hugs
???

Bodacious Boomer said...

I adopt that very attitude and I almost always get what I want when calling a company to discuss a problem.