Sunday, June 28, 2009

take a load off

I wonder why Sundays feel so different from all the other days? What is that? I mean, I can see how they can feel different when you work a 'normal' job; you know, the Monday thru Friday, 9 to 5 thing. But when you live as I do, there's really no distinction. I work every day, or most days, because I LIKE to work, not because someone says I have to be there. Of course, there are some trade-offs. Like the "steady paycheck" thing. None of that in my world. (not yet, anyway...but this too shall pass...just as soon as those royalty checks start comin' in!) But for my dollar, I'd prefer it this way to that.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, it just seems weird to me that Sundays always feel so different from the 'other' days. Maybe it's about other people and the energy they emit (or not) on Sundays. The cars leaving the community during the week are in their driveways on Sundays. People sleep in. Even the ambitious ones, who use Sundays for some around-the-house chores usually wait until after 9:00 to crank up the lawnmowers and other gadgets. There's this sense of "shhhhhhhhhhhh" about Sundays that none of the other days have. Don't you think that's weird?

No comments: